Elevating the Experience: Unveiling Exciting New Improvements at Big Sky Resort
Winter 2023/2024 kicked off on November 22, 2023 and everything is off to a great start. In this blog post, we're thrilled to unveil the exciting new improvements at Big Sky Resort for the 2023/2024 Winter season. This season Big Sky Resort will deliver an even more unforgettable adventure on and off the slopes. From enhanced amenities to cutting-edge technology, discover how Big Sky continues to raise the bar for winter enthusiasts seeking the ultimate alpine escape.
Brand New Lone Peak Tram
- The new Lone Peak Tram has been years in the making. This mindblowing feat of engineering doubles the length of the tram and will deliver even more adventurous skiers and inspired scenic riders to the summit of the iconic Lone Peak. Note that his season, skiers and riders will "pay" per ride vs the old system of "pay" per day.
State-of-the-Art Snowmaking Technology:
- Embracing the latest in snowmaking technology, Big Sky is committed to providing optimal skiing conditions throughout the season. New snowmaking systems ensure a reliable snowpack. It has certainly been a gamechanger for this early season.
- Serious work has been done at numerous spots on the mountain to enhance travel and improve the overall experience. Check out the expanded area at the top of Swift Current, the improved LRT traverse from Challenger to the Bowl, a wider Yellow Brick Road, expanded glading in Shedhorn & Dakota, as well as other on mountain improvements.
Everyone Starts As A Beginner
- Everyone on the slopes starts as a beginner. This year a double tunnel magic carpet has been installed at Mountain Village base area to help more people learn to enjoy and master the magical sport of skiing.
Ski The Sky Loop
- While it has always been possible, it's now a thing. Check out the Ski The Sky Loop - a ski circuit to allow everyone to explore the entire mountain that includes 27 runs, 11 lifts, 17 miles, and 16K vert. Check it out here.
- The Cedar Lot at the Big Sky Resort base is looking different this year. You'll notice it's leveled out and is more convenient for day parking.
Kids Adventure Map and Stickers:
- Will your kids be in ski school this winter? They'll probably get to enjoy the new kids adventure map that will help them explore the mountain even more.
Double Blue Runs
- First it was triple black runs and now it's double blue runs. Ideally the trail ranking designation will help everyone navigate the mountain more responsibly. Look for new double blue trails to be more off groomed and/or steeper blue runs. There are also a few blue runs that dropped their rating down to green runs.
Future Gondola In The Works
- When you're cruising down Mr. K take a look at the new mid-station for the future gondola. While still a work in progress, it's an exciting next step that will only make Big Sky Resort even better.
As you can tell, there are lots of reasons to be excited for the 50th year at Big Sky Resort. All of these new improvements are purposefully designed to elevate your winter adventure. Big Sky continues to set the standard for world-class alpine experiences. Prepare for a season of excitement, comfort, and unforgettable memories as Big Sky invites you to discover the next level of winter paradise.
Anything else? Most likely we missed a few things - keep us posted on things you notice as you shred the slopes this winter.